Tuesday, May 22, 2007

An Elitist

I have recently been named a member of the exclusive WPJA (Wedding Photojournalist Association) and I could not be happier. If you have not heard of this group it is an elite group of photographers (not elitist) :} that have been chosen based on their body of work and are featured on their site (www.wpja.com) for perspective clients.

What I appreciate most is their high standards for documentary photography and the ethics that true photojouralists strive to adhere to. Found moments are what we all strive for and posed moments are considered just what they are.....fake. Their policies are very much they same ethics that us news photographers fight for everyday.

Obviously I hope this brings in more work but I am more excited that referrals from them will be from clients who appreciate the style that I work so hard to produce. If you are considering Rob Witzel Photography for your wedding please take a moment to check out this organization.

1 comment:

Tim Hussin said...

Congrats. I'm glad to see you're bloggin'.