Thursday, June 21, 2007

Weddings Take Time

I often hear the phrase "wedding photographers charge so much for just a few hours of work." While I agree the prices around the country have gotten way out of hand I do take issue with the fact I spend only a few hours with my clients.

For example: At a recent wedding I was booked for all day coverage but there is so much more.

Take a look-

Pre Wedding Emails- 3 hours.
Consultation- 2 hours
Producing Contract- 1 hour
Engagement Session- 2 hours
Engagement Production- 4 hours
Final Consultation- 1 hour
Wedding Day- 11 hours
Wedding Processing- 16 hours
Album Design- 6 hours
Multimedia Production- 8 hours

That is a total of 54 hours and a VERY conservative estimate. Don't get me wrong as I enjoy every second of it. Just wanted people to know the leg work that it takes to do things the right way.

No comments: